[AccessD] determine count of records displayed in continuous form

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com
Thu Aug 20 12:00:23 CDT 2009

I approach this from the other end: I *define* how many rows will be displayed by using this little routine....

Sub SetFormRows(f As Form, nRows As Integer)
Dim nFormFinalHeight As Long
Dim nSectionHeight As Long
    On Error Resume Next
    nSectionHeight = f.Section(acHeader).Height
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then
        nSectionHeight = 0
        Err.Clear
    End If
    nFormFinalHeight = nFormFinalHeight + nSectionHeight

    nSectionHeight = (f.Section(acDetail).Height * nRows)
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then
        nSectionHeight = 0
        Err.Clear
    End If
    nFormFinalHeight = nFormFinalHeight + nSectionHeight

    nSectionHeight = f.Section(acFooter).Height
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then
        nSectionHeight = 0
        Err.Clear
    End If
    nFormFinalHeight = nFormFinalHeight + nSectionHeight

    f.InsideHeight = nFormFinalHeight
    On Error GoTo 0    ' turn normal error trapping back on
End Sub

And I call the routine in the form's Load event...

	SetFormRows Me, 10

Lambert