[AccessD] Document a database

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Fri Aug 21 14:48:00 CDT 2009

Hi Annie,

If the company managers do not ask you for the docs - do not worry - they
probably do not need it.
The fact is that good (MS Access) developers can take software developed by
others, and continue its development without (any) docs.

Software support needs good (automated) tests not docs.
If you do not have such tests then better make them, and describe them
briefly in free form - that tests and related short descriptions will be of
good help for other developers who may happen to get and to continue support
and development of your MS Access database applications.

But again if currently nobody in your company cares about docs and tests,
and you feel you do not need them, and you can continue your support and
development work without docs and tests - don't worry - you very probably do
not need them too :) (I'm serious)

Thank you.

--
Shamil