[AccessD] OT: It may be time to stop hating Microsoft.

Paul Rodgers paulrster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 14:10:07 CDT 2009

Ah, there's the rub. If you ask Google, you'll get a link to a piece of
software that allegedly zaps it. It is the devil to get rid of because it is
not where programmes are usually installed.

I tried to get rid of mine, but I haven't gone beyond the first screen that
appears when the computer starts. I've heard that it you do accidentally
install it, it causes misery because it often misidentifies paid-for
software. And every time the computer starts, this WGA plagues the owner
with various dire warnings. There's quite a furore on lots of forums about
it - rightly so, of course, because here is snooping by the biggest,
wealthiest company. What message does it tell governments? You can snoop and
get away with it.

It seems that the program, offered open source, to get rid of it can only do
so once WGA is installed. Well, for me I wouldn't want to install that on my
machine(s). So so far I have had to put up with the announcement each time
the machine starts. But not happily, Robert.

If you have inadvertently installed WGA, then it seems the software - in the
first few offerings on Google's first page - will get rid of it. There are
physical ways to remove it, but reading about that approach, you have to
very pretty familiar with computer innards, and quick, too.

Hope this helps. Be very pleased to know if it works for you.
Salut
paul