[AccessD] SQL datetime to Access date conversion

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 17:27:16 CDT 2009

Hello All:

I have a SQL 2005 table linked into an Access db.  I am using an update
query in Access to move some datetime fields from SQL Server to an Access
table.  It almost works - the dates are OK, but I am getting times which are
sometimes out by a couple of minutes: for instance the time part of one
field, 2:00:00 PM in SS, is changed to 1:58:07 PM in Access.

Does anyone have any suggestions about why this happens?

Thanks,
Doug Steele