[AccessD] Tooltips

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Fri Dec 4 08:46:14 CST 2009

Hi John,

I've been putting tooltips on all buttons in forms.  I don't put them
anywhere else.  With this 'pattern', my customers have told me that they
like to have the tooltips as a quick reminder, if they haven't used that
form for a while.

I type the text directly into the property sheet.

You can enter multi-line tooltips by holding down the ctl+enter keys as you
type the tool tip.  If you want a blank line, you must enter a space, or
else that 'blank' line will collapse when it is displayed.  This works in
Access - I hope VB is the same or similar.

Good Luck!
Dan