[AccessD] Tooltips

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Dec 4 09:24:14 CST 2009

 >I've always thought that clearly labeled text boxes and command buttons were sufficient.

I have been struggling to get a version released at one specific client.  Yesterday I get a call
that "there is no scroll bar for policy holder location" and we are backing the new version out.

Well... it turns out this is simply combo filtering, it has always been this way and the combo only
displays WORK locations, but there was only one user that actually knew that.  The location that the
users expected to see in the combo had never been flagged as a work location and so was not visible.

Now... having spent a half hour discovering this, I could "document it" in the ToolTip.  Would
anyone ever read the tool tip?  That is a different discussion entirely.