[AccessD] Avoiding Hand Problems (was: Dual monitor laptop)

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Mon Dec 7 08:46:38 CST 2009

How about a trackball?

I use these exclusively. Have been for years at home, but just about 6 mos. in the office...I was having problems w/my right wrist, so I got a trackball...problems gone! I like the logitech marble mouse, because its design fits up into my palm, and it is very comfortable.

I had a tiny learning curve w/it, and I took to it very fast. I believe I was playing Mah Jongg back when I first got it, and I just used that game for practice. Now it is very natural.

>>> "Dan Waters" <dwaters at usinternet.com> 12/2/2009 8:29 PM >>>
The three things that help me the most are:

    a lightweight mouse (wired MS 3000 Optical),

    a gamer's mousepad - very low friction (cut down to reasonable size),

    and a split keyboard (MS 4000).

Before these I used to get sore wrists, but that's gone now!

Dan