[AccessD] Controlling the Ribbon

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Dec 7 19:16:02 CST 2009

 Dear List:

I have these canned routines ShowRibbon and HideRibbon, which is
DoCmd.ShowToolbar and work well.  I also have MaximizeRibbon and Minimize
Ribbon which use SendKeys "^{F1}" to change the ribbon but they don't seem
to work.

In any event, the user wanted a local preference to show or hide the Ribbon
and ShowRibbon and HideRibbon work except that instead of the ribbon
disappearing he wants to have the smaller ribbon with the Office Button and
Home, Create External Data, Database tools showing but nothing else - so a
ribbon that's not so tall and screws up the real estate on the form.

But I can't get that particular ribbon format to display.  Does anyone know
how to get that?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software