[AccessD] OT (just a bit) -- Office click shortcuts

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Dec 17 15:25:10 CST 2009

Don't know many 'click' shortcuts, several keyboard ones.

F6 jumps between the top and bottom portions of a 'sectioned' window, so
in Access, when you create a table in design view, to go from the list
of fields, to the individual field properties, F6 will switch between
them, so you can use the keyboard alone to create a table.

Ctrl-' duplicates the previous record

Ctrl-; puts the current date in a field

Ctrl-: (or Ctrl Shift ;) puts the current time in a field.

And one I just learned a few months ago, which I wish I would have known
a LONG time ago, if you want to lock your desktop, Windows Key - L.  Go
figure.  I remember a few years ago, I had spent hours on the code
behind a form, went to head outside for a break and locked my desktop
out of habbit (which I usually go Ctrl-Alt- Del then enter, because Lock
Desktop is the default option).  However, I hit the del key a hair too
fast, which immediately prompted if I wanted to delete the form I had
just been working on.....which of course my programmed action allowed my
hands to complete the 'enter' process.....AHHHHHHHHHH

Windows L avoids that nasty goof!

Drew