[AccessD] OT: Merry Christmas

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 08:37:15 CST 2009

Hi John,
Not too sure what I am  doing.  Sortta plug things in and they offer me
options and then I click through them and then it just work....nice !

I have my 50" plasma Samsung.  Into that I have an Aerial onto my roof
aerial and my Satellite connector to my satellite dish both delivering TV
channels. I also have a DVD  player (which is probably redundant as I can
play these through my Xbox360 now).

I have a PC connected through Broadband for my Internet.  The PC also
connects to my 50" Samsung via an HDMI cable about 10 feet long (Ribbon) so
I can use the TV as a second monitor.  The PC also connects to my TV aerial
to pick up television programs and this operates via Windows Media Centre (I
never installed it, it was just there and sprung to live when I connected
stuff).

I then connected the Xbox360 via HDMI to the 2nd port on the 50" Samsung (it
has 3 HDMI connectors, so I still have a spare).  I signed up for Xbox Live
which gives me tons of free (but I paid £36 year subs) stuff, including my
music - no adverts, talk-overs, etc,  just pure music of my choice.  Of
course I also have my games on it.  So far I have installed Avatar game (I
am going to see the 3D movie at the local cinema over Xmas), also Fonza
Formula 1 racing cars - that is so hard.  I have 4/5 more games which I
haven’t installed yet (Soccer, Batman, Indiana Jones, etc - Educational
stuff - Not!).

On top of that there is tons of downloadable games and stuff.  I haven’t
even scratched the surface yet...  The F1 motor racing made me laugh when I
asked if I wanted to go LIVE and race against other people on the web - ha!
I cannot even get round the circuit yet without at  least 10 crashed....I
SAID NOOO....  I have two remotes so I can play against the wife (note to
self...remember to lose occasionally.)

All great stuff.  Remember though, this is for Grown Ups.  Your wife if
right - keep the kids away.  This is serious stuff.  My wife will be
watching one of the TV Soaps later (which I abhor) - I can now watch another
TV channel on my large TV monitor - both have wireless earphones.

I have the Win 7 but haven’t yet installed it - keep procrastinating 'cos
Vista is so good (at the moment).

Have a great Xmas..

Max