[AccessD] OT: I'm old

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Feb 6 13:25:11 CST 2009

I was upgrading a computer for a member of my church earlier this week.  He is starting to write for
a newsletter that he wrote for back in the 90s, and he used to send them the articles on Floppy.
Now they want it on CD.  The CD player in his machine wouldn't write, and he did not have a clue how
to use one, so I had to install one that would write and show him how to get XP to write files to it.

It is getting pretty tough to even find floppy disks any more, and new systems don't come with the
drives.