[AccessD] Semi-OT - VM Ware

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Feb 7 08:04:19 CST 2009

I was just reading last night that the average DATABASE VM slows down the database engine by about
30%.  In my case, the VMs I can use cannot use more than 2 cores, whereas SQL Server will use all 4
cores if used on bare metal.

I am using VMs, but not for the database.  OTOH, I do not have the budget for a server with a
hundred gigabytes of RAM either.