[AccessD] Import Bad data?

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 10:05:11 CST 2009

Hello All,

I'm not expecting an answer I'll like...but I'll try.

I'm importing a large number of records from Informix to Access via odbc.  There is a large text/memo field...that apparently has some characters access does not like.  I do not get an error message...access just says "an error has occurred...do you want to tell MS"...then closes.

I'm trying to think of a way to detect/program around this.  So far...its a very manual process.  I loop through 2 days worth at a time...that way I don't have to start over from the beginning everytime.  When it crashes...I pull in just the PKs for that date range...loop through them...imort the text field 1 record at a time...store in temp table...when it crashes...I compare the PKs to the temp table...the next PK not in the temp is the offender.

This is very manual and time consuming...any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte