[AccessD] Don't miss this special occasion...

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:23:22 CST 2009

I think it may also be referred to as the Epoch of Unix time...and as far as time zone...the first time I had to deal with it...the magic date to count from was 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM...(US mountain time I think)...but there were some arguments about Leap Seconds...and UTC did not exist in its current state until around 1972...

Anyway...thanks for the trivia John.

Mark To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com> Subject: [AccessD] Don't miss this special occasion...> > There is something that is important happening today! And I just know how interested you are in this > bit of time trivia for all you IT geeks out there ...> > Many computer operating systems measure time by counting the number of> seconds before/after midnight of January 1, 1970. This is known as POSIX or> Universal Time Code (UTC) time.> > Today, a memorable event occurs in UTC time.> On Friday, Feb 13 2009 at exactly 3:31:30 PM the UTC will be 1234567890 -> the numbers of seconds since 1/1/70.> -- > John W. Colby> www.ColbyConsulting.com> -- > AccessD mailing list> AccessD at databaseadvisors.com> http://databaseadvisors.com/mailman/listinfo/accessd> Website: http://www.databaseadvisors.com