[AccessD] Classes and events: Exposing the wrapped control

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Feb 18 03:57:33 CST 2009

Classes which wrap controls need to expose the control itself to the developer.  In order to do this
we will build a property which returns the control.  For naming consistency we use just Ctl as the
name of the property in cases where the class wraps a single control, for example the clsCtlTxt and
clsCtlCbo.

	* Open clsCtlCbo and place the following code directly under mInit()
'
'Expose the control
'
Property Get ctl() As ComboBox
     Set ctl = mctlCbo
End Property

	* Compile and save the class.
	* Open clsCtlLbl and place the following code directly under mInit()
'
'Expose the control
'
Property Get ctl() As Label
     Set ctl = mlbl
End Property

	* Compile and save the class
	* Open clsCtlTxt and place the following code directly under mInit()
'
'Expose the control
'
Property Get ctl() As TextBox