[AccessD] Continuous form question

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Thu Feb 19 17:54:25 CST 2009

Here's an easy to code solution:

1) For each editable field in the table, create a duplicate field with a
slightly different name.

2) In the form, add a non-visible control which is bound to the duplicate
field.

3) When a field is changed, in the afterupdate event, write the original
value of the visible control to the invisible control.  If someone rewrites
the original value into the visible control, then clear the invisible
control.

4) For each visible control, add a conditional format which changes the
background color of the visible control if there is a value in the
corresponding non-visible control.

5) When you finally save your changes, be sure to clear all the duplicate
fields.

Good Luck!
Dan