[AccessD] Find First in an Array?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Feb 20 16:52:26 CST 2009

Hi Rocky

The language data could be held in a separate database, a resource database, just like temp tables should be held in a separate (fourth) database.

Microsoft knows how to handle this in Visual Studio and .Net where you can have languages, language versions (like French and Canadian French), and even company or business versions of such a language version. For example, a project may be labeled Project, Case, or Job in English UK for different businesses like construction, law, and media. Very flexible and at least backwards compatible with the frontend versions.

/gustav

>>> rockysmolin at bchacc.com 20-02-2009 21:05 >>>
" I am not going to get into the "this is a local table so it goes in the
FE... oh damn, now I gotta go update the data in 5 different FEs".  BEs are
for data (in my world)."

In my case, where the 'data' is really static, and is needed by each user,
wouldn't the design be better with the language tables in the FE?

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334
www.e-z-mrp.com