[AccessD] Find First in an Array?

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Feb 20 17:48:23 CST 2009

Pot - Kettle - Black?

Instead of relying on "accepted practice", maybe you should think about it.

You are missing the whole point of putting the translation tables, menu tables etc in the FE.
It's nothing to do with speed.

This type of "program" data falls into a completely different category to the "operational"
data in the BE.
It is guaranteed to be static for the life of the FE and is almost certain to change with each
new FE version.

One of the primary advantages of splitting an Access application into FE/BE is the ease of
updating the application without touching the "operational" data simply by dropping a new
FE in the appropriate location(s).  As soon as you put this "program data" into tbe BE, you
have to jump through hoops to update your application.

--
Stuart