[AccessD] A Design Opinion, Please

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sun Feb 22 11:19:23 CST 2009

Thanks to William, Susan, and Dan for your replies.

The setup is, indeed, that the outside sales people need to know who the
primary sales person is.  In fact, the outside sales people's data entry
form shows a textbox for the primary sales person.  That is a field in
the underlying table.  The main data entry form, not accessible to the
outside sales people, does not have the textbox for that field, which is
why the information has not been getting into the table.  I am adding
that information to the main data entry form.  To make certain that the
correct code is selected for the primary salesperson, I want to use a
combobox for the selection.  I thought I would put a combobox on the
form to select the correct salesperson and have that store the
information in the appropriate field in the table.  Then I thought maybe
I would modify the table and make that field a lookup field which would
make the selection on the form very easy.

Noodling over which choice would be the better, I turned to you all.
William, you said you learned the hard way never to set a lookup field
in a table.  Please tell me why - that sounds like just exactly the
lesson I need.

Tina