[AccessD] Apologies guys - was Tags.

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Feb 25 07:10:08 CST 2009

I wanted to apologize for the rant yesterday.  Of course there is a valid reason for using tags,
actually two valid reasons.

1) You are capable of using them
2) You want something that loads with the form.

I used tags in the past for exactly those two reasons.

I was mostly responding to the implication that NOT using the tags was silly when "they already
exist so why not".  I try very hard to use good programming practices and I have spent a lot of time
learning how to use tools that make tags unnecessary FOR ME.  The hardware, and my knowledge of VBA
programming constructs make tags unnecessary (and bad practice) FOR ME.

Of course if tags are the right tool for you, then you absolutely should use them.

I will not be responding to this thread any more, and sorry for the rant.