[AccessD] Scrum (was: Find First in an Array? ...)

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 25 10:07:34 CST 2009

Hi Shamil

Yes, Finland is a nice place - I think - because last time I visited the country was about 35 years ago! But I still remember how to order two beers in Finnish - which by the way is a language very much different from most Western languages. Just to learn how to count to ten is a challenge.

I've always had the opinion that things like scrum is a bit overkill when you mostly work on your own projects, but if it can help keeping you organised including keeping track of notes and ideas, this could be the occasion to give it a go. And a "demo" project could be a good method to keep feet on the ground.

What kind of project do you have in mind?

For those interested I think Danube may not be the best site to start - here is a place that starts at zero:

  http://www.scrumalliance.org/pages/what_is_scrum

/gustav

>>> mcp2004 at mail.ru 25-02-2009 15:59 >>>

Hi Max,

Thank you.

Sorry for some following off-topic guys.

I have been Finland for several days, and I have got DANUBE's (http://www.danube.com/) Certified SCRUMMaster training: I ilked it, and it was an "eye opener" in some of the areas of agile software development...

I also liked the foods, walking around Helsinki downtown, which is in some places very much alike to St.Petersburg's architecture, clear water and fresh air and a rather comfortavle Radisson SAS Royal Hotel staying: would I have had been more wealthy I would have been going travelling much more often to Finland, and the West Europe (and the States and Canada and Australia... :) (never been in the latter two)) - just to experience the difference of the living environment :)

It's so easy to get to Finland from here these days provided one have Shengen Visa: by own car, by express bus, train etc. even by taxi - still it's the other world with much more comfortable living envionment and much more user-friendly common atmosphere... (Making very big money one can create such a good living environmnet here also these days but that would be isolated one, and of course no one with even huge money can create such an "user-friendly" atmosphere as in Finland (I'm not afraid on snow and frost you know :)) - creating the latter needs "mind shift" of several generations...

Based on my new SCRUM experience I'm thinking to propose to develop a sample SCRUM-process driven small (half to one man/month) non-profit/open-source project here, I'm not committing for that activity yet, and I'm not asking volunteers to commit (there will be needed 7+/-2 developers) - I will try to prepare to it, hopefully soon - that project experience and results can be published on AccessD...

Maybe it's time to start an AccessD-SCRUM discussion list?

Thank you.

--
Shamil