[AccessD] EnRe: A2003:See if an EXE Is running

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 13:10:28 CST 2009

Also... there's the API:

Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias _
 "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As String, _
 ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long

Function IsAppRunning(strClassName As String, _
 strwindowname As String) As Boolean
If strClassName = " " Then
 IsAppRunning = ( _
  FindWindow(vbNullString, strwindowname) <> 0)
 Else
  IsAppRunning = ( _
   FindWindow(strClassName, vbNullString) <> 0)
 End If
End Function

Don't know if this is any more efficient, easier, or better than what you're
already using though.

Susan H.