[AccessD] Microsoft Office through TermServer or Citrix server

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 18 12:25:26 CST 2009

Thank you for the heads up. That will definitely be a product for future
use.

Right now I have a client that has 20 existing license of Microsoft Office.
They would like to move the licenses to a single server and using TermServer
deploy those licenses around the office. They are now leasing the computers
and plan to roll them over ever couple of years.

Even though they have purchased the computers pre-bundled OEMs with MS
Office, there is no actual DVD. The only method that they know the package
is legal is that they have a box with the key number on it. The current
computers have IDE hardware but the new systems will only have SATA drives
so the OS can not simply be migrated/imaged.

We have been trying to find out what the legal licensing involved with this
scenario is.

They have purchased a Server2003, quad-core and 8 GB RAM and they are
willing to purchase 20 terminal licenses for.

The hope is to be able to deploy the MS Office package around the office,
through the TermServer, as stations come and go and to not incur further
licensing charges.

This question has been posed to a number of sales people but no one seems to
know for certain.

Jim