[AccessD] One more and I'm done

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 20 16:53:48 CST 2009

Hi Susan

You may not like it, but I believe the right way to handle this is exactly to identify (can't recall the error code), catch, and ignore that error raised in the calling code.

Simplest method is to insert an "On Error Resume Next" - rather primitive but it works.

/gustav

>>> ssharkins at gmail.com 20-01-2009 23:44 >>>
Is there a command that will effectively stop any code processing? I want to
stop code from returning control to a calling function -- probably not the
norm, but in this case, Okay.

I'm opening a report from a form. If the form has no data, the No Data event
cancels the report and then returns control to the form, which then displays
an error message, which I'd like to avoid. I don't need control to return to
the form.

I know I can avoid this by checking the underlying data source and just not
calling the report, but that's just too much work.

Susan H.