[AccessD] Highlighting a word within a memo field on a form

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 09:59:46 CST 2009

I had 1 request from the Legal dept to do this with one of my reports....very crude...but worked for me...

It takes data from a memo field and puts into an OLE Object 1 chunk at a time.  It Searches the memo field...finds my search text...inserts the text prior to the Search text...then inserts and formats/Color/Highlights the search text.

Then inserts the next chunk of data up to the next instance of the Search text.

I had some issues setting the highlight properties, can't remember why...but that is why the next step seems backwards.

I then re-format the just inserted chunk(un-highlight)

Keep doing this until I'm out of data.

As I said very crude...but It met my needs...and this group helped get there, so...

If you want I can post the code.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte