[AccessD] Very slow table link refreshing

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Fri Jan 30 15:04:09 CST 2009

Hello to everyone!

At one of my customer's sites, they have seen sometimes where table links in
the Access 2000 FE refresh the links very slowly to the Access 2000 BE
tables on the server.  I've also seen this while I've been remotely logged
in to the server and tried refreshing the table links from a FE to a BE.

Normally this refreshing takes about 2-3 seconds for about 20 tables.  But I
timed this at 4 minutes one day.  CPU usage on the server was effectively 0
at the time, and the maximum possible client connection is only 4.  Later
that day we were back to about 2 seconds.

I would like to know anyone has any thoughts on what I can look for in my
system, or anything I can pass on to the IT guy for him to look at?

Thanks!
Dan