[AccessD] Access I love it

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Fri Jul 3 08:27:22 CDT 2009

Hey Arthur

The simple reason I left it that way is because the employer insisted upon
it.

Made me laugh.  Damn clients.
Many years ago I had a client who had been sold on the fact that their
EXCEL program (not really a program, just monthly/yearly worksheets)
should really be converted over to a database program. They contacted me
and I said "Yes I could do it.". They said "One stipulation the new
program has to maintain the look and feel of the original  worksheet".
That was no easy feat.

An Aside

That gig gave me a whole new respect for Excel.

My first program (years and years ago) was an Investment Receipt program
designed in VisiCalc (DOS) and completely macro driven (macros macros
everywhere) and it worked fine for 2 or 3 years before we converted it
over to a database and it is still running today (with many database
updates).