[AccessD] Help building EatBloat installer

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Jul 11 09:56:11 CDT 2009

Max has generously donated his EatBloat tool to Database Advisors.  Dan Waters and myself are both
rebuilding Eatbloat, but in different directions.  I am working on an Add-in which will be available
from the toolbar (Tools / Addins / Eatbloat) in any database you are working on.  Dan is working on
keeping EatBloat as a form which you import into a project to perform the process.

Because of the differences in the methods we are using, the end results will be radically different,
yet perform basically the same functionality.  We will end up with two completely separate products,
and you, the developer, can choose which you would like to use.

Dan's version will be used simply by placing eatbloat somewhere on your disk, opening your
application, and importing a form from his Eatbloat container.

My version OTOH will be installed somewhere on your hard disk and then you will use AddIn manager to
add it in to your menu bar.  While not required, it would be nice to have an installer for my
version, where the installer places the addin in the Microsoft Addin directory (yes there is such a
thing), whereupon it will be instantly visible from the Addin wizard.  If it is not placed there
then the user has to navigate to where they placed it.

So... is anyone out there familiar with creating installers, and if so volunteer to create an
installer for my addin?

TIA,