[AccessD] TransferText wierdness

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jul 16 13:17:15 CDT 2009

LOL.  It is an optional parameter...

Indeed, once I created the import spec it worked just fine.

I had a permanently defined destination table that I was importing into, all fields defined as text,
but apparently the TransferText function isn't capable of looking at the destination field to see
what the expected data type is.  Transfer text is delivering ALL text data, but is just trashing
some of the data (not delivering it into the field in the destination table) unless it is spoon fed
an import specification up front.