[AccessD] Disable date picker in Access 2007

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Tue Jul 21 18:45:43 CDT 2009

Hi Asger,

I have always regarded it as attractive that the user can enter a date in
any valid date format they like, so gives them flexibility.  Regular users
also get to know some of the tricks, such as current year is assumed if not
typed in, etc, so I would expect leaving with no input mask, especially for
dates, is usually just as accurate, and allows for faster data entry.  And
the display of the dates entered will be consistent, regardless of how they
have been entered, depending on your settings in the Format property or your
Windows Regional settings.

Just my 2c...

Regards
Steve