[AccessD] Using a VM/VPC (was: Office 2003 and 2007)

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jul 26 12:39:14 CDT 2009

Each Virtual Machine consists of two components -

A folder containing a collection of which make up the machine itself.
A large file with as .vdi extension which is a virtual disk ( can be more thanoone if you want
to set up multiple disks on the machine).

You don't touch your partitions or instal additional OSs on the parent system.

The steps to creating a VM once you have installed VirtualBox are ( all wizard driven):

1.  Create the machine after specifying a few parameters
2.  Specify the desired size of the virtual disk and create it.
3.  Insert an OS instal disk in your CD Drive or select an ISO image of one on your PC
4.  Instal the OS on the Virtual Disk

Voila!

--
Stuart