[AccessD] Using a VM/VPC

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Jul 26 16:30:18 CDT 2009

I use VMWare and am neutral on recommending it.  It works well, is easy to set up.  My biggest issue
was a huge problem getting the VMs to attach to the physical NIC when using Hamachi.  For whatever
reason the host software (which controls the NIC bindings) gravitate towards the Hamachi NICS.  It
is a not well known phenomenon which took me ages to figure out.

Other than that, I use them still and recommend VMs in general.