[AccessD] F'n 2007

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Mon Jul 27 20:24:21 CDT 2009

Sorry John, I disagree.
The problem is/was that no one reviewed the entire Office suite for "common"
object references.
There was no "Commonality Architect" appointed.
Each team arrived at different approaches to the SAME TECHNICAL ISSUE.
I believe that cannot be disputed.
It was a huge technical oversight IMHO.
But, at the time, NO ONE CARED.
It was all about GETTING THE PRODUCT OUT THE DOOR ASAP FOR THE REVENUE $$$$.
As a businessman, I'd say "THAT's OK".
As a technical purist, I'd say "THAT Sucks".
The Business "side" won.
That's why Gates is rich.
End of story, end of rant.