[AccessD] OT Friday: Some interesting news items

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Fri Jul 31 19:37:03 CDT 2009

Using http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ to test from St.Petersburg, Russia
- test results:

Seattle, WA
  4.045MBit/s - download
  0.502MBit/s - upload

NYC, NY
  3.286MBit/s - download
  0.648MBit/s - upload

Dallas, TX
  2.866MBit/s - download
  0.565MBit/s - upload

--

It's wireless (~10meters) from DELL's Inspiron 9400 through three
steel-concrete walls (10-20 cm each) to WAP/router, then
twisted-pair(~50meters), and then fiber-glass to my ISP CISCO routers
(~5-6km from here), then backbone Internet channel to Finland(?)....

It costs ~USD20/month here now, 19GB/month, more than enough for me and all
my family members...

--
Shamil