[AccessD] OT: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 ReportingServices Report Builder 2.0

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Jun 1 17:51:12 CDT 2009

Hi Gustav,

I don't know about Click-Once "mix and match" - but AFAIK MS SQL 2005 Reporting Services' Server is available to the "outer world" (as e.g. Report Buiider 1.0) via an ASP.NET Web Service, and I guess (I can only guess as I haven't seen that) that MS SQL 2008 Reporting Services' Server is also available to the "outer world" via ASP.NET WebService or via WCF Service - therefore Report Builder 2.0 expects different communication protocol with reporting service and it "doesn't see/doesn't understand/can't communicate at all" with MS SQL 2005 Reporting Service...

--
Shamil