[AccessD] Setting Up a Domain. Part 3. Your Gateway

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Wed Jun 3 17:24:36 CDT 2009

In the demo I've been setting up for all the screen shots, it's not
going to see the internet, I could set that up, but for right now, it's
all 'local only' in Virtual PC, which is like it's own enclosed network.
But I'm sure all of you would want your domain and your client computers
to see the internet.

In what we have setup so far, the IP Address for your router needs to be
192.168.0.1.  There are two ways to do this.  Either manually put that
address into your current 'router' (whatever you bought, or your ISP
provided) OR get the MAC address of your routers, and create a
reservation in DHCP for it.

Since there are dozens of common home routers, trying to give step by
steps on this would take forever.  If you are not sure how to do this,
google the name and model of your router, and find the manual, I have
never seen one that didn't have instructions on how to turn OFF DHCP,
and setup it's local IP address.  (In fact, most routers will start with
an IP address of 192.168.0.1, but not all).

So screen shots, and one more step before we officially connect a
client.

Drew

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business
Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.
You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination,
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.