[AccessD] Pick a file, any file

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jun 7 19:24:37 CDT 2009

Just been working on another system where I needed to open various types of documents.

Application.Followhyperlink is taking up to 30 seconds before it  throws up a warning
message box about the risk of infected files and then finally lets me open the file.

ShellExecute() opens instantaneously.

Guess I'll go back to using ShellExecute :-0

For those who are interested, here's the ShellExecuteI() requirements:

One declaration In my general functions module:

Public Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd
As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, _
ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal
nShowCmd As Long) As Long

One line in my form's code:
          ShellExecute Application.hWndAccessApp, "Open", strName, "", "", vbNormalFocus

--
Stuart