[AccessD] Error loading DLL (CurrentProject.Connection)

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 10 09:30:05 CDT 2009

Thanks for the tip Gustav.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:23 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Error loading DLL (CurrentProject.Connection)

Hi all

I experienced this issue again and googled for a solution - only to find a
page on UtterAccess with a link back to the dba archive with this 5 years
old solution which I had forgotten all about! Scary indeed: Google and the
web to replace your own memory. Shutter.

However, that solution won't work on modern machines (WinXP SP3 or Vista)
because these by default install a newer version - or rather Service Pack -
of MDAC 2.8. Still wishing to reinstall the MDAC - just to be sure and
because the MS Component Checker listed some inconsistency in the file
versions - I located this page:

  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899861

which explains how to repair or reinstall only the MDAC from your install
CDs.
Of course, if you have SP3 installed, in the guide change the refs to SP2
with SP3.

The result? Once again a success!

/gustav

>>> Gustav Brock 08-08-2004 19:22 >>>
Hi all

I've now seen this error twice. Both times for code like this:

 Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset
 Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset
 rst.Open "tblTable", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenKeyset,
adLockOptimistic

The compiler stops at the line with rst.Open with the error message in
the subject.

After much trouble and testing, a reinstall (or update) of the MDAC
did it in both cases. No explanation why.

You can locate and download this from the Microsoft site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=mdac&Dis
playLang=en

/gustav