[AccessD] Access2000 crashing

Carolyn Johnson cjlabs at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 15 08:34:10 CDT 2009

Access2000 has started crashing whenever I try to open a database or create a blank database.   I've repaired Office2000 and then re-installed it, but it still crashes.   If I try to create a new database, it will bring up the database window, but then I immediately get the "Microsoft Access for Windows has encounter a problem and needs to close"  window.

All my other Office 2000 programs are working.   All the updates are installed.

I have Office97 and 2003 installed as well, but they have been there for years.   I'm not aware of any changes having been made to this computer.  I work with Access2000 95% of the time (still have clients using it), and it's been working fine.   I literally came back an hour after using it and it started crashing.

On WindowsXP.

Anyone seen this?   Any suggestions?

Thanks
Carolyn Johnson