[AccessD] URL-like label

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Jun 19 06:00:13 CDT 2009

You can use a label, format the text any way that you want and use its on_click event.

If you want the link to change its appearance when you mouse over it (such as to change its
colour, make it underlined or whatever) you need to use two superimposed labels and the
MouseMove event.

Create two labels, one slightly larger than the other.
Make the caption of the larger one empty
Put your link text in the smaller one (and colour it appropriately if so desired(
.
Make sure that the larger one is lower in the Z Order (create it first and/or use Format -
Send to back)
Centre the smaller label in the larger one so that there is an overlap all round.

Then use the following event procedures:
(lblURL is the smaller label and lblURLClear is the larger one)

Private Sub lblURL_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As
Single)
   lblURL.FontUnderline = True
End Sub

Private Sub lblURL_Click()
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmLinkedForm"
End Sub

Private Sub lblURLClear_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As
Single)
lblURL.FontUnderline = False
End Sub

--