[AccessD] Access2000 crashing

Carolyn Johnson cjlabs at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 19 11:11:40 CDT 2009

I still haven't been able to get Access2000 to work.   I've uninstalled Office2003, 2000 and 97 and then reinstalled them all.  I've reinstalled WindowsXP SP3.   Everything I check seems up to date.

I have a laptop running Windows XP SP3 and Access2000 still works there.  I have no idea what happened to my desktop -- literally one hour after working fine, Access would not open and nothing has changed that.

It crashes during the Verifying system objects message in the bottom left of the window.   Happens if I open an existing database or try to open a new database.  If I try to open a new database using a wizard/template, it creates the new database, but then crashes when it goes to open the first form.

Carolyn Johnson