[AccessD] Learning .Net -- PHP Instead?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 23 00:02:51 CDT 2009

Shamil and Eric:

I am working on standardizing logging in to a web network. The item to
complete is:

1. Login interface with username, password, captcha and add if new user.
2. Adding MS SQL server for validating passwords, allow no more than 8
incorrect attempts.
3. For new users, page for getting credentials. When completed final part of
validation will be to send new applicant a security coded email with a two
day time-out.
4. Validate new user acceptance email back and allowing limited access.
5. A system to monitor user logins and duration and pages viewed.

This interface has to be so designed as it can float anywhere on a website
page and perform and monitor all the above required tasks. I would like the
code to be generic and flexible enough to be easy to insert in any site with
a backend... So this module will need a full set of admin accessible
profiles. It is not to say that it will be for anyone but a programmer but
it should make my life easier.

There are of course some issues (a lot) I am having and some of my fixes
seem to be generating longer lists of errors rather the fixing anything.

As mentioned before I will have to put this project aside as I have recently
received a paying gig in MS Access...

When I get another chance and have resolved some of the basic issues I will
be asking some more point questions.

MTIA

Jim