[AccessD] Learning .Net

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jun 23 15:22:43 CDT 2009

You can only use BSB and similar applications to grab a website which is built of simple
static HTML pages.  They just trawl through a site following all the links on all exposed
pages starting from the root (index.html ???) and  store everything returned by HTTP GET
requests.  Some go a step further and try to get a listing of every file in each exposed
directory, but if there is no direct link on a served up page to any file in a directory, the
application won't know that the directory exists.

If your site uses PHP, ASP, CGI etc etc and ANY form of database, even a simple text file,
BSB will not find it unless there is a specific link to it on a page served up.

It won't even identify the use of Server Side Includes.  If you use SSI for a standard
header/footer on each page, BSB and its ilk will not retrieve the include file, it will store each
page as server

There are