[AccessD] Very OT: Kodak will retire KODACHROME Film

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jun 24 03:56:53 CDT 2009

Hi all
Neither is this Access related in any way nor is it Friday but ...

This had to come given the evolution of digital photography. Still, it was one of those announcements you didn't wish to experience.

  http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2709&gpcid=0900688a80b4e692&pq-locale=en_US&CID=pressreleases

I still remember the astonishment when I received from the laboratory the first roll I shot and viewed the amazing colour quality of this low-speed film. That is many years ago and in the meantime I've left analogue film completely.

For a very good reason a memorial site is up:

  http://homepage.1000words.kodak.com/default.asp?item=2388083

/gustav