[AccessD] Poll on Access 2007

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Mon Jun 29 04:28:23 CDT 2009

Shamil,

To my knowledge, there are only very general comments publicly available
about Access 2010.  The Access team at Microsoft have been keeping the cards
very close to their chests.

However, the launch of the Technical Preview (i.e. Beta) of Office 2010,
including Access 2010 and SharePoint 2010, is expected within a few weeks,
and after that I am expecting to see a lot more detailed information
floating around, and a lot more lively discussion.

By the way, I have been a member of this forum for several years.  I'm sorry
I only post occasionallly, but I normally read some of the posts here every
day, so I am familiar with the general culture. Thanks. :-)

As for your reference to VBA, of course with Access 2007 we got a lot of new
objects and methods and properties.  Plus support for scroll-wheel in IDE.
:-)  Obviously the move to 64 bit Access version will have some implications
for VBA.  But what enhancements in VBA will come with Office 2010, we will
just have to wait and see.  Interesting to note that VBA will now be
included in Mac Office, so... still on the rise.

Regards
Steve