[AccessD] Retainers (was: Converting . . .)

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Tue Jun 30 11:40:30 CDT 2009

Susan,

  I think it was mostly due to the fact that I worked on my own (and didn't
have any intentions of expanding), but worked as an employee of Online
Computer Services, Inc.  Legally, it would be the company stipulating that
it would provide services for a fee.

  Not sure how good of a lawyer he was though<g>.  Probably should have
checked into it more at the time, but work on a straight $/hr rate seemed
more attractive.  No contracts to sign and either party can walk away at any
time.  Since I bill bi-monthly, everyone is always on the same page and I've
had none of the nonsense that went on when I did project work.  Of course
laws have changed considerably over the years, so that advice even if sound
at the time might not be true today.

  But like I said, $/hr has worked well and I've never looked back...

Jim.