[AccessD] Scrum

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Mar 2 00:38:36 CST 2009

Thank you, Doug,

Now we have 5 team members! :)

Gustav,
Mike,
John,
Doug,
Shamil

And the team is complete for this first project as we plan to use TargetProcess SCRUM/agile management softwarem which free community edition has only five free licenses. I have got this edition already and I plan to install it within this week on my ASP.NET hosting site (because I do not have server side access to thsi ASP.NEt hosting site the installation needs some manual work).

The most urgent task now before we start is to get everybody the same VS version if possible.

In my opinion the best would be VS2008 Prof.
If some of the team members will have VS2005 Prof. that would be still OK but with some issues in sharing sources prepared using different VS version.

If VS2005 and VS2008 Standard Edition compile well the following sample solutions

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/download/scrum/nwnet.zip (~400KB)

and allow to use .NET ReportViewer control in design mode they also qualify as development evnironment.

If C#2008 Express Edition allow to use .NET ReportViewer control in design mode - it will also quialify.

The current version of sample solution referred above do have class library, which according to William's info do not compile under C# 2008 Express edition - the solution of this issue could be:

- compile classlib dlls under VS2005 or VS2006 Professional edition and give that compiled DLLs to the team memebrs with C# 2008 Express to use. The DLLs promise to be stable, and every library code team members with C# 2008 Express will create can be first put by them into their FE project and then moved into class lib. - some trouble but not that much - it can be handled. (The areferred above sample solution does have this classlib dll in \Bin subfolder)

Of course the best would be all of us to get alighed with VS2005 or VS2008 Professional (or Standard if it works well with the above sample projects).

I have both installed on one PC - VS2008 installs just fine on the same PC where VS2005 is installed (VS2008 needs quite some space to be installed but installation works smoothly. AFAIKR I have tested also VS2008 Prof. installation under VNWare and it worked OK).

Could that be that some AccessD members have some not used VS2008 Prof. licenses to share? - I mean the minimal MS Partner MSDN subscription usually have 5 licenses and some can be shared if not used? Am I wrong? (I have got my VS2008 Prof. license form my friend/partner who might have another not used VS2008 Prof. license - I will check)...

Thank you.

--
Shamil