[AccessD] OT: Slacker radio

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Mar 4 18:40:22 CST 2009

 > Try Pandora. You can define your own stations.

Slacker does the same thing.  The thing that is pushing me towards this service is that if you buy
the hardware, you can load your stations on the hardware player.  It then loads an entire set of
music that is playing on that station.  You can load up to about 40 stations on the player to play
while you are away from home.  You can also select specific songs to save on the player, and you can
even load your own ripped CDs onto the player.

The reviews I have read say that Slacker has about 4 times as many songs as the competitors.

Right now the 1st generation Slacker player is being dumped ... uh ... sold for less than half the
cost of the second gen player.  An 8 gb player is available for about $100, and as little as $75 on
the weekend sales.  That is a good price.

http://www.jr.com/slacker/pe/SLC_90260005/

The price on that link apparently drops by $25 on the weekend.

The second gen player (G2) is $200-$250.

I'm seriously considering waiting till the weekend and see if I can pick up the G1 8mb for $75.