[AccessD] Filtered combos - Events don't fire

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 06:58:09 CST 2009

Hmm, that's an interesting way Gustav.

Nice lateral thinking..

Max

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: 06 March 2009 09:48
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Filtered combos - Events don't fire

Hi John

Use the OnEnter and OnExit events of the subform control of the main form to
track this.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 05-03-2009 21:52 >>>
I ran into something that I don't remember, or perhaps I never quite figured
out.

In a subform, the Exit and LostFocus events of a control do not fire if you
click entirely out of
the subform into the parent form or into a control on another subform.  That
is a PITA!

It appears that the logic is simply that the control never lost the focus IN
IT'S FORM.
Unfortunately this wreaks havoc with setting the unfiltered sql back into
the combo's RowSource
property.

What a PITA.