[AccessD] Filtered combos - Events don't fire

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Mar 6 08:10:43 CST 2009

Max,

 >I don't like having to do a bit and then wait for the next post.

ROTFL.  I am afraid that is not going away.  Over the past two months I have written about 30
documents which I then posted the contents of as lecture emails.  This is simply the first lecture,
heavily edited.

Although I will also be heavily editing the rest of the lectures, I will probably not be posting the
remainder of them again.  At some point they (and any others I write in the meantime) will all be
merged into a single document which becomes the final book.

This specific introductory lecture is kind of the foundation of classes and events.  I posted it
here in order to get comments from other AccessD members who are fluent in Classes and Events,
comments as to the validity of my information and comments as to readability, information flow etc.

With luck I will get my new web site up next week.  At that time I will post the documents as I
rewrite them so that anyone can grab them and read them.

I am currently in negotiations with my wife for technical editing.  The negotiations are very
complex and are entering a critical phase now.  She seems to think that my writing is so bad that
she should get any and all future profits just for the agony of performing the edits.  I haven't
informed her of the grim realities of publishing and profits, and will likely not do so until the
editing is finished.

In any event, with luck I will soon have a much more professional series, and eventually a real book
on this subject.